Hello, and a very warm welcome. Whatever is troubling you, whatever the stress or anxiety or trauma, let's work together gently and creatively to support your healing and moving forwards. I am an experienced accredited counsellor and psychotherapist and EFT and Matrix Reimprinting Practitioner with over 10 years in practice helping and supporting adults. I work either in person from a safe and confidential space in Croxley Green or Rickmansworth or online (via video, voice, IM, email, telephone). Aswell as my standard qualifications I also have a Certificate in Cyber Therapy and am a professional member of the Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Online (ACTO) for my online work.
As an integrative psychotherapist I practice in a warm and person-centred way working holistically (mind, body, feelings and spirit) and tailoring my skills to match your needs. I am trained in a number of modalities: psychodynamic, humanistic, existential and transpersonal psychotherapies, and work in a variety of creative ways; as well as listening and reflecting, we can work with Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) and related energy therapies, mindfulness and meditation, body and breath work, multi-modal CBT, visualisation, drawing and working with your dreams and archetypal material.
Additionally, I am an accredited EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) practitioner, and professional member of EFT International. EFT is a wonderfully safe, effective and gentle technique for trauma (PTSD), phobias and addictions, stress, anxiety and panic, depression, beliefs … it benefits most things. In addition, I’m also a Matrix Reimprinting and Matrix Birth Reimprinting practitioner. Utilising EFT and visualisation techniques both these therapies offer a very effective way in processing and clearing deep trauma without having to necessarily relive the actual event and risk retraumatisation. They also help to uncover core unconscious negative beliefs and behavioural patterns and transform them. Matrix Birth Reimprinting helps to gently clear trauma and stress that took place at conception, in utero, birth, and the hours and days after being born (many of our core beliefs and behaviours can be traced back to birth). It is also helpful for infertility issues, loss of a child, miscarriage, abortion, and adoption.
I integrate EFT and Matrix Reimprinting into my psychotherapy practice and also offer them as stand alone therapies.
As well as EFT and Matrix Reimprinting for trauma I have undergone specific trauma training with PODS (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors); and am able to see clients through the whole spectrum of trauma and dissociative disorders. I am a DID (dissociative identity disorder) friendly therapist.
First and foremost, our work together is centred on building a relationship where you feel safe and more at ease. This is about your story, about weaving together the narrative of your life; it is you who knows your sorrows and joys, your thoughts and feelings. My role is to understand what life is like for you as we work collaboratively to make sense of your experiences, to help you unearth the inner resources and personal qualities you already possess in order to cope better and find new ways of being and relating. Sometimes life’s challenges really do offer unique opportunities for growth.
I really look forward to working with you.
- Certificate in Cyber Therapy - Online Therapy Institute.
- Certified Accredited EFT Practitioner. (level 1 & 2).
- Post-graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy - Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE). (This included a minimum of 160 hours of individual therapy, at least 550 hours of supervised counselling practice and 100 hours at a clinical psychiatric placement).
- Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy Skills - Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE).
- BA Hons Degree in Human Communications (2:1) - Lancaster University. (Psychology, sociology, linguistics).
Other Relevant courses:
- Multimodal CBT
- Birth Matrix Reimprinting using EFT
- Matrix Reimprinting using EFT
- Master Practitioner Energy EFT
PODS Trauma Training:
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice
- Trauma Dissociation and Recovery
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation
- Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP). Registrant.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Registered Member.
- The Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Online (ACTO). Professional Member.
- EFT International. Professional Member.